SMT started building Explosion Relief Doors for Philadelphia Safety Devices (PSD) in the 1990s, and in 2017, SMT purchased Philadelphia Safety Devices. Today, SMT builds and sells the same great doors that we’ve been building for more than 20 years.
PSD Safety Doors Protect Your Equipment and Personnel Against Dangerous Overpressures that can cause Explosions.
Founded in 1976, our team of engineers and safety device experts build economical, long lasting, reclosing explosion relief doors and more.
Why Choose Philadelphia Safety Devices?
- A PSD explosion relief device is a real, reclosable door.
- A PSD door maintains a positive seal until it opens under precise and predetermined pressure conditions.
- Activation range from a VERY low opening pressures starting of 6″ Water Column (0.22 psi) to a maximum of 24″ Water Column (.87 psi).
- Once opened it remains open until you close it – like a door, with no tools.
- Time consuming rupture disk replacement is eliminated, minimizing process down time.
- PSD Doors are engineered to meet the requirements of your process and vessel configuration.
- PSD Doors are designed to the latest NFPA 68 or FM standards to minimize the effects of overpressures causing explosions.
Contact Philadephia Safety Devices
Designed and made in the USA since 1976, PSD Doors have been the reclosable safety Door of choice for many customers in many industries worldwide.
If you’re wondering what kind of company SMT is or haven’t heard of us before, check out this video highlighting SMT’s partnership with a local community college.