If an explosion occurs, how are you going to protect your valuable assets and personnel? It happens more than you’d like to think, but too often, there are no safeguards in place to contain the explosion and protect your company from damage.
Our unique explosion relief doors and explosion vents are engineered to provide superior affordable pressure relief protection in the event of an explosion.
Who needs an explosion relief door or hatch?
If you operate within an industry with equipment that could lead to an explosion, you should invest in an explosion door or hatch.
How does an explosion door work?
When a predetermined pressure is reached, the door is automatically triggered, and it takes on most of the energy of the explosion. The oxygen supply is also blocked in the process, preventing a fire from entering the space you’re protecting.
It is a simple yet highly impactful way to relieve the excess pressure and protect your valuables if an explosion occurs.
The average explosion relief door typically lasts about 10 to 15 years, but that life span could be longer or significantly shorter depending on use. The real benefit is that reusable explosion relief doors don’t have to be replaced and reinstalled after each explosion.
How does an explosion vent work?
An explosion vent, also known as an explosion hatch, is designed to burst after a set pressure is reached. In doing so, it relieves pressure in the area and provides a way for deflagration hazards to exit safely.
The primary difference between an explosion door and an explosion vent is that you can’t reuse the explosion vent, unlike the explosion door.
How do I know which explosion door I need?
For explosion protection, the number and size of doors required is dependent on many factors. These may include:
- The explosive nature of the material in your process
- The volume of air or gas flow (ACFM)
- The strength of the process vessel
- The dust concentration
Features of our explosion relief doors
Our explosion relief door is engineered to afford superior pressure relief protection for your capital, equipment, and personnel.
It employs a combination magnet and pre-loaded spring relief mechanism that furnishes outstanding reliability and repeatability. This repeatability prevents costly downtime if there is either an overpressure or deflagration initiated event.
Some of our top explosion door features include
- A dual-purpose design providing pressure relief protection for explosive conditions with dust and gases while serving as an emergency access door with fingertip manual relief
- Stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum door frame with stainless steel or aluminum door panels
- High-temperature designs from -65F to 1000F
- A lightweight door panel weighing less than 2.5 lb/sq.ft.
- 3 inch or 4-½ inch standard frame sizes
- Easy installation coming fully installed with frame bolts in place
- Stainless steel latch springs, hinges, and fasteners
- Self-lubricating sleeve bearing
- Food grade door designs available with FDA, USDA, NSF required metal types
- Floating, spring-loaded door panels that compress flexible gaskets to a rigid frame, ensuring a proper seal
- Additional protective accessories available to add on
Secure your valuables with an explosion door or explosion hatch
Since 1975, we have been helping companies protect their valuable assets and personnel with explosion doors and explosion hatches. With over 5,000 doors installed, we stand behind our commitment to providing you with the pressure relief devices you need to keep your valuables safe.
Learn more about how we can help secure your valuables during an explosion.